Q: I have a p0016 code - crankshaft position sensor on FJ Cruiser 2007, how do I replace it

asked by on September 02, 2016

crankshaft position sensor on FJ Cruiser 2007 throwing a p0016 code

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.38 - $768.03 Get a Quote

The crankshaft position sensor is located down on the right side (if you are standing facing the engine from the front of the vehicle) of the motor just to the right of the crankshaft pulley. To remove this, disconnect the wiring harness and then unbolt the sensor mounting bolt. This is a fairly easy fix. However, if you would like an expert replace the crankshaft position sensor for you, a technician from YourMechanic can perform this service for you at your home or office.