Is if safe to buy front strut replacemnts form an Autozon...

Q: Is if safe to buy front strut replacemnts form an Autozone for my 2004 Nissan Altima?

asked by on May 16, 2017

I need to have the front strut and the rear shock replaced on my 2004, four cylinder, Nissan Altima. I want to know, is it ok to buy these parts from AutoZone and take them to my neighborhood mechanic to have them replaced at a labor cost of $400.00?

Thanking you in advance?

Bonnie

Hello Bonnie, thank you for writing in. It is impossible to tell you if the repair is worth that price. Pricing will vary greatly overall depending on the amount of shops in the area and the expertise of the technicians. However, if you ask the right questions, you may feel better about the situation one way or the other. First, you want to ask the estimated time of the repairs, and what they are charging per hour. This will help keep them honest. You also want to ask the name of the tech who will be doing the work, and if they are certified (this will help you when considering their hourly service charges). Secondly, Autozone is fine for most parts, and if you can find the same exact product cheaper elsewhere they may price match. If you would like a second opinion and price, contact our service department for information and scheduling.