Q: Car makes whining noise when I start in the morning

when i start the car in the morning, it makes whining noise for a bit (a few miles, 15-20 mins may be). it only happens if I start the car after the car has not been running for many hours.

what could be the causing the noise?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will make noise when cold for several reasons. If you belts are loose at all, it may take them a while to warm up and grip the pulleys the way they are designed. This may or may not be resolved by replacing the drive belt tensioner. Cold fluids will also cause noises. The power steering pump, engine oil, and transmission fluid all needs to warm up before they work properly. If the noise is new and you think there is an issue beyond normal cold weather effects, you will want to service all of the fluids. This is in addition to checking the drive belt tensioner. For more help diagnosing and resolving the noise, contact our service department.

3. Car makes whining noise when I start in the morning