Q: "Service Stabilitrak" has come up on my dash and I do not know what it means?

"Service Stabilitrak" has come up on my dash and I do not know what it means. Also it says to check traction service as well. I need to know how to fix it and if it is serious

Hey there. These messages are there to tell you that the main computer has detected an issue with the systems. The warning lights are very general. They can mean the system is malfunctioning, the system has been turned off, or the system is receiving a bad signal.

Due to your traction service light being on as well, there is likely an issue with the system. You are absolutely fine to drive the vehicle. Just know these devices to help control the vehicle in a sliding situation are off, and you will need to drive accordingly if in certain conditions.

The best option is to have a technician look at the system. You may want to attempt to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. They may give you a better idea of what exactly has failed in the system if you are wanting to perform the repairs at home. The common issues with these systems are a reading from an input sensor, a faulty controller, or a bad connection. All are relatively easy to repair, but may take some time to diagnose. To pinpoint the problem, a certified professional from YourMechanic can assist with a diagnosis of the traction control system so that this can be correctly addressed.

• "Service Stabilitrak" has come up on my dash and I do not know what it means?