Q: My mechanic installed a crate jasper and now my intake manifold has cracked. Is this their fault

I purchased a crate jasper, they used my old parts to finish. The new engine blew and they had to remove parts and put back on another replacement. A few months later, my intake manifold has cracked and they are saying $1000+ to fix. I believe that this is their fault. The engine has continued to have issues. Are they at fault?

Intake Manifold Gaskets Replacement $149.15 - $809.82 Get a Quote

Many cars and trucks now have plastic intake manifolds and I believe your F150 is one of them. They crack, it’s a simple fact of life. The plastic is pretty good, much better than the plastics of decades ago, but the top of a V8 engine is a pretty harsh environment what with heating and cooling and vibration and these plastic manifolds are usually prone to crack after about 10 years or so. While it’s true that careless handling or using the wrong torque sequence can damage them, I’d give your mechanic the benefit of the doubt on this one. If you decide to have the manifold replaced by someone else, contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to replace your intake manifold right there on the spot.