Q: ABS Brakes VSC

asked by on August 10, 2016

I am having trouble with my Antilock Brake System. My car sat for a month in a parking lot. I started it up and I got a brake fault light and VSC vehicle stability control light on my dash. I took it to the repair garage to scan it and it said it’s the brake booster. So I replaced it with a new one, and I also got a new battery. Then when I went to start up the car and reset the system everything was OK. So I went on a test drive and not long after doing some firm braking the brake fault light came back on! Brakes + ABS + VSC. I got those scanned and code c1342 came up. The garage reset it, and I did another test drive and the same fault lights came on! Should I replace the actuator, or could it be a programming problem? What do you think? Thanks.

That is a code for the yaw rate sensor. It may be able to be cleared after a zero point calibration is carried out on the yaw rate sensor with a scan tool capable of resetting the yaw rate sensor. If the sensor will not calibrate, then it will likely need to be replaced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to inspect your brakes, steering, and suspension in order to properly diagnose and resolve this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr