Q: Clicking noise when turning - 2007 Honda Odyssey

When I turn the vehicle to the left or right, there is a clicking sound. I inspected all the CV boots and could not find any leaks whatsoever. The boots and surrounding areas are clean and without grease. When the car was on jackstands I noticed a noise from the transmission when I tried rotating the wheels. Is it CV axle or is it possible that the transmission has gone bad?

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Anytime when turning and you hear a clicking sound, that is the outer bearing on a CV shaft seizing up or slipping within the ball bearings. I recommend replacing both front CV axles and road testing the vehicle afterwards.

If you need assistance replacing the CV shafts, then seek out a technician, such as a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic, who can replace the shafts for you.