Q: Clicking noise when turning - 2007 Honda Odyssey

When I turn the vehicle to the left or right, there is a clicking sound. I inspected all the CV boots and could not find any leaks whatsoever. The boots and surrounding areas are clean and without grease. When the car was on jackstands I noticed a noise from the transmission when I tried rotating the wheels. Is it CV axle or is it possible that the transmission has gone bad?

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Anytime when turning and you hear a clicking sound, that is the outer bearing on a CV shaft seizing up or slipping within the ball bearings. I recommend replacing both front CV axles and road testing the vehicle afterwards.

If you need assistance replacing the CV shafts, then seek out a technician, such as a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic, who can replace the shafts for you.