Q: Flashing green light next to "D" and check engine light on.

I have a 2009 Honda Civic and while I was on the road with my cruise control on it had some issues. The car kicked off of cruise control and the dash board of my car the RPM's went to 0 and the heat sensor shut off. The check engine light came on and the green light next to "D" was flashing. It did this a couple times while on the road. Once I got to my destination, not but 5 minutes later, I checked all the fuses in the car and they didn't seem burnt out. My father-in-law came over to check it with a car reader and it had "Link Error" when trying to check for an error code. It still drives and doesn't miss any gears to my knowledge. Any thoughts?

A: For this particular issue, I would start by...

For this particular issue, I would start by checking the continuity of the cruise control switch buttons. You will need to check these with a volt meter to determine if they are getting power. If you need assistance with getting this done, I would suggest having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic. They will be able to come to your home with the necessary tools to to further diagnose the Check Engine Light and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle. Good luck.