Q: Ticking noise from engine after running with low oil from leaking oil pan.

Hello. I have a ticking noise at idle coming from the engine compartment. This happened after driving the car with low oil. I believe the car only ran with low oil for a few days perhaps a week (maybe 60 miles) The oil pan was leaking and has since been fixed. Oil level is fine now but car continues to make this clicking/ticking noise at idle. The noise seems to go away at higher revs. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thank you for the help.

Depending on the ticking noise will depending on if it is a camshaft follower or a camshaft noise. If your engine was ran without oil you may have low oil pressure at idle and the engine can get noisy if the pressure drops. A mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can come and listen to the noise and check the oil pressure to see if it is within specifications.

• Ticking noise from engine after running with low oil from leaking oil pan.