Q: Bad smell in cabin..when driving the car.

ii have owned this 2004 elantra for over 3 yrs..just resently it started to produce this realy bad smell in the cabin when driving with the ac on..the smell is something like rusty metal..the engine runs realy smooth..there is no smoke..no fluids leaking..although ii have noticed that when at a red light waiting with the car on gear an breaks on the engine does shake a little..once ii take off it goes away..this smell came to a little after ii had the water pump replaced..ive had the car get a computer check and it came back clean..the computer didnt catch any falty censors..

Although there are no leaks that are outwardly visible, there still may be some internal leak. From what you described, it sounds like you are getting a leak in the heater core in the evaporator case. It does not need to be a very large leak to get coolant smell coming through the vents. You need to have the A/C drain checked to see if there is evidence of coolant coming out of it. Replace the heater core if leaks are found. If you need help having this checked, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the smell and resolve the issue.

3. Bad smell in cabin..when driving the car.