Q: No crank, No start even with a new battery.

My vehicle has had issues with starting in the past. About once a month or so no crank would occur with the turn of the key. After a few tries it would start up usually. I was thinking ignition switch at this point. A few days ago, it refused to crank at all and will not crank/start. I replaced the battery due to its superior age after this just to be safe but did not suspect the battery due to all of the auxiliaries functioning well with the 1st and 2nd key positions. Since then I have done a few electrical diagnostic tests. With a mulitmeter I discovered the starter is not receiving power. I then did diagnostic tests on the ignition and neutral switches by using wiring diagrams and a continuity tester. They both came back good. I am not sure what else is worth testing in the ignition system. Do you have any ideas? I thought about looking at the main relay but would expect previous issues with crank but no start which has not happened. Thank you!

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the wire from the neutral safety switch to the starter solenoid and see if there is a loose terminal or if there is a break in the wire. A loose wire or broken wire will cause a circuit to fail by having too much resistance or not a complete circuit. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.