Q: Fuel tank filler neck assembly leaking. Sensor code P0442

asked by on December 26, 2016

RE: Saturn - Ion 2004 Model - Fuel Tank Filler Neck Assembly Leaking. Sensor Code P0442

Good Morning: I am looking for some help in fixing my Saturn Ion Car's Fuel Tank Filler Neck Assembly Leaking. Sensor Code P0442.. Kindly let me know if you know some Mechanic who can get this work done. Kind regards,

Mark Fanning Ph. 602-465-6385

Fuel Filler Neck Replacement $110.87 - $1589.72 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the fuel neck and see where the fuel is leaking from. Look at the rubber neck and see if there is any cracks. If you see cracks in the fuel neck, I recommend replacing the fuel neck and replacing the clamps that hold the fuel neck in place. The code P0442 is coming up for the fuel vapors leaking out of the fuel system. The code should go away once the fuel filler neck is replaced and there is no more fuel vapors leaking out of the fuel system. If you need further assistance with replacing the fuel filler neck, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.