Q: Car won't start. Clicky sound happens. Windshield wipers go on own. Horn won't honk upon locking car

asked by on September 28, 2017

My car will not start. When I turn they key it makes the clicky sound and the windshield wipers start moving slowly on their own. The interior dome light is bright however. And when I went to lock my car the horn was very weak sounding. Could this just be a bad fuse?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Mary. Thanks for contacting us today. What you are describing is commonly caused by a damaged electrical relay or an electrical short circuit within the steering column. In some instances, it can be a combination of electrical problems, such as a damaged relay, fuse and the ignition cylinder being broken. Since there are so many possible sources of this problem, it’s best to have a professional come to your location and complete an inspection to determine why you’re having this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr