Q: Car won't start. Clicky sound happens. Windshield wipers go on own. Horn won't honk upon locking car

My car will not start. When I turn they key it makes the clicky sound and the windshield wipers start moving slowly on their own. The interior dome light is bright however. And when I went to lock my car the horn was very weak sounding. Could this just be a bad fuse?

Hi Mary. Thanks for contacting us today. What you are describing is commonly caused by a damaged electrical relay or an electrical short circuit within the steering column. In some instances, it can be a combination of electrical problems, such as a damaged relay, fuse and the ignition cylinder being broken. Since there are so many possible sources of this problem, it’s best to have a professional come to your location and complete an inspection to determine why you’re having this problem.

3. Car won't start. Clicky sound happens. Windshield wipers go on own. Horn won't honk upon locking car