Q: Civic not always starting right away.

When I try and start my car it doesn't always work, sometimes there will be no engine sound at all. After 3 or 4 tries it will start.. or if I let it sit for a minute but sometimes it starts right away.. Is my battery dying?

Hi Beth. Thanks for contacting us today. The battery is responsible for supplying power to initially start the vehicle. However, it’s less than likely that a worn battery is the reason why the engine has difficulty starting. In most cases, this is due to fuel or ignition system components being dirty or worn out. If the car has difficulty starting, it can cause the battery to wear out prematurely. I think the best way to determine why the car is having a hard time starting would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Civic not always starting right away.