Q: my car jerks in stop and go traffic when accelerating or if i'm coming up a hill. it returns to normal once speed is up

check engine light is NOT ON. my car jerks in stop and go traffic when accelerating or if i'm coming up a hill. it returns to normal once speed is up again

Hello. I would recommend checking the connections to (and potentially cleaning) the mass air flow sensor. This is a unit that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. If this is not working properly, this can cause the care to jerk intermittently as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at and test drive your vehicle to diagnose the jerking problem and have this corrected appropriately.

3. my car jerks in stop and go traffic when accelerating or if i'm coming up a hill. it returns to normal once speed is up