Q: Van overheats

It's been a month since my van started overheating. I went to the dealership and was told that the problem was with the fluid not circulating in the radiator. But, the radiator has been replaced before that. I had the radiator cap, the thermostat and sensor replaced. I had a new Dodge water pump installed as well. It's still overheating. Do you have any advice on what I should check next?

Hello. Yes there are two key things that I recommend you or your technician check. Check the hoses, radiator, and engine block for clogging. A clog in those components will restrict the coolant system from being able to circulate. Also, a faulty water pump will not be able to pump the coolant through the system, thus making it not able to circulate through the radiator for the cooling process. To have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to the site of the car to diagnose the overheating issue.

3. Van overheats