Q: Brake pedal going to the floor

asked by on February 09, 2016

The brake pedal is going to the floor.

Brake pedal is lower than usual Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The brake pedal pushes on a rod that goes to the master brake cylinder. This, in turn, sends brake fluid to all of the wheels through the lines to the brakes at each wheel. If your pedal is going to the floor, and your break fluid is low, then you likely have leak in a line, or at a wheel brake caliper. If the brake fluid is not low, then it’s likely that the master cylinder is leaking internally and needs to be replaced. I would recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the cause of your brake pedal going to the floor, and recommend the best path to repair.