Q: 2005 Honda Odyssey won't crank

van ran fine yesterday went to drive it to day and it would not crank also the key wont come out of ignition unless you unhook the battery and it will not shift out of park on the dash none of the prnd lights are on and when I tryed to open the power doors they just beeped like the van thought its still in drive any idea what could cause this

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Honda Odyssey. Make sure to have the vehicle completely in park before trying this. It may sound obvious, but some vehicles tend to have a bit of a tough time totally disengaging which triggers the steering wheel to lock which then will also cause the key to be locked into the ignition. These are all safety features. You can also try wiggling the wheel a bit back and forth which will sometimes get it loose. If you are still having trouble with this, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue and let you know what needs repair.