Q: Convertible top not closing all of the way

asked by on March 18, 2016

My convertible top opens and works fine. When I go to close it, it won't close all the way, and I have to close it manually.

There are several things that may be causing this problem. Firstly, dirt stuck in the rails of the sun roof can jam or impede the full range of the motion of the automated top. Also, if any of the components are bent or damaged, the sun roof could be getting blocked. Another possibility is that a failing motor could be keeping the full range of motion from being completed as well. An inspection of your electrical components should be carried out by a qualified technician in order to find the cause of your concern.