Q: car won't start, maybe electrical - 1995 Honda Civic

when driving, speed gauge goes crazy, key-in-ignition chime starts chiming, car intermittently turns off/on, then continues to run normally. Now, car won't start, it cranks but won't turn over. All dashboard lights, including gauges & buttons are totally dark, won't light up. Headlights/break lights work. Main relay is new. Put key in iginition and turn, nothing lights up, car cranks but won't turn over.

Hey there. I would start by checking the speed sensors. The plug that connects to this in the engine bay can become wet and can cause this type of problem. Also, check the alternator, and VSS (vehicle speed sensor) fuse under the dash. I have seen this also cause that type of problem when the car is basically running on only battery. You may want to check the ground wires as well. To have this inspected for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and pinpoint what needs repair.

3. car won't start, maybe electrical - 1995 Honda Civic