Q: while driving the vehicle will just shut off. Its not the altenator or battery. not sure what it could be? please help!!

When we are driving it will just shut off. When we try to start it it will turn over just not fully start. Sometimes we can disconnect the battery to reset it and it will start back up without issue. Other Times it takes a while to start again. It doesn't do it until we've drove it throughout the day almost like once its warmed up? Battery and alternator are good. So no idea where to start on what it could be.

Hello. Typically when these types of symptoms arise there is an issue with spark. The spark plugs, wires, and distributor are all subject to the fact heat causes expansion. With expansion of the rubber boots, coils, and distributors the voltage may be cut off and the circuit will fail. You may want to start by replicating the issue and checking for proper spark. You can do this several ways, the we recommend using a spark tester because it is safest. If the ignition system checks out, you will want to turn your attention to the fuel supply. The engine will need more fuel when cold than when it has warmed up. The fuel delivery system may be getting a bad reading from the sensors, or may be experiencing another type of issue. Start by inspecting the spark system, and then check the fuel system.

• while driving the vehicle will just shut off. Its not the altenator or battery. not sure what it could be? please help!!