Damaged radiator causing overheating overheating gaskets ...

Q: Damaged radiator causing overheating

asked by on February 29, 2016

My car is overheating. I took it to the gas station and they told me that the radiator support is damaged, which is causing the leaks. I also found out that the head gasket is blown. The mechanic suggested I have a cylinder head job repair and to replace the radiator.

It is fairly normal for a blown head gasket to happen when there is a leak in the system. In addition to the repairs the mechanic has suggested, I would also recommend repairing the radiator support to address the original cause for the overheating. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform a cylinder compression test to verify a head gasket failure. After fully diagnosing your overheating issue, they will be able to perform the tasks necessary to have this issue resolved.