Q: Truck stuck in park

I can't get my truck out of park.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is a wide variety of reasons as to why a vehicle may not shift out of park. A common reason, however, is a failed brake switch located at the pedal. I would first test the brake switch to make sure it is functioning properly, as a failed switch will prevent a vehicle from shifting, and will disable your brake lights. If the brake switch is functioning correctly, I would then recommend having the vehicle’s transmission system inspected by a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic, as there could be a variety of problems causing the vehicle to stay in park.