Q: I have a gear changing problem on my 1999 Toyota Camry

If I hold in first the gears will change 2nd it'll go faster and D won't change at all even foot flat

A: This may be a sign of a faulty transmission...

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.