07 maxima stalls while slowing down,turning atw left,or j...

Q: 07 maxima stalls while slowing down,turning atw left,or just randomly.sometimes the power goes out but the engine stays on.

asked by on July 12, 2017

My car turns off while driving. Sometimes it turns off while slowing down, turning all the way left, or just driving normally. Sometimes the power just goes out but the engine is still running. But most times the engine shuts off. I recently had my power steering pressure hose replaces and crank and camshaft sensors replaced. I also have a bad catalytic converter.

Hi There, If you have a bad catalytic converter, this may definitely cause the symptoms you are describing. A clogged or failing catalytic converter can cause the vehicle to have poor fuel economy. As you may already know, the catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.