Q: High pitch whining from alternator.

Going high speeds and/or pressing on the accelerator causes the accelerator to make a high pitch whining noise. It has never done this before until continuously driving on the interstate moving at high speeds.

This can come from a variety of places other than the alternator such as the transmission. Your car should be equipped with what is called a CVT (constant variable speed transmission) which is notorious for making this kind of a sound as the engine rpms are increased. Because this can come from many areas, this may be difficult without taking the vehicle for a test drive. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose this whining noise and make repairs.

3. High pitch whining from alternator.