Q: I have a Lexus CT200h dose the in tank fuel filter require replacing or is there an inline filter that is changed for servicing

asked by on September 04, 2017

Dose the in tank fuel filter ever need replacing

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $165.78 Get a Quote

Around the turn of the century manufacturers started using what we sometimes call "dead end" fuel systems. These systems put the pump, filter and pressure regulator inside the fuel tank eliminating the fuel return line. The fuel does not circulate round and round through the fuel system anymore so the load on the fuel filter is greatly reduced. For that reason, they don’t recommend replacement of the filters as a service item, figuring that it will probably last as long as the pump and regulator. As long as you don’t put anything in your fuel tank that doesn’t belong there, there should be no trouble with it. But anytime your due for any of the other regular maintenance, you can contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to service your car for you right there on the spot.