Q: changed altenator, still no power going to battery

installed new altentaor but still have no power going to battery

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the alternator is "new", and thus presumably good, the vehicle engine is running, the alternator drive belt is appropriately tightened, and yet you are not getting around 14.5 volts of charging current at the battery posts, that means there is an open in the charging circuit between the alternator and the battery. That open could be due to a bad fuse, corroded terminals or wiring, a wire break, or other circuit fault. To resolve this, the recommended service is a battery is not charging diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, a certified mechanic will come to your location, identify the fault and estimate the repair. Please let us know if you have additional concerns or follow up questions.