Q: white smoke oil leak engine light on

asked by on August 25, 2016

White smoke oil leak engine light on car sat in garage for year

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Toyota Sienna. It is very possible that there is an oil leak somewhere that is allowing the engine to burn the oil. Without further detail, it would be tough to say where the leak is coming from, however, the white smoke is usually an indicator that the oil is being burnt. If you want to have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the smoke and oil leak problem, and can assist you on any repairs needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr