Q: My 2004 Acura TL is not blowing cold air. I have gotten a new A/C compressor as well just last year. It started acting up in January of 2017.

asked by on March 23, 2017

I have a 2004 Acura TL with 240000+miles on it My cold air is blowing heat and that's not good considering I live in Texas lol but I got a new compressor sometime last year and it work find up until Jan or feb 2017. What can I do? And what can be the issue?

Heating AC Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The air conditioning system can have many things that could contribute to a heat cycle condition. Check the following conditions to find the source of heating issue:

Check

• The condenser for any dirt or plugged up vent fins - blocks air from passing through
  • Check the refrigerant with a manifold set and see what the pressure is with the engine off
  • If you suspect a leak, spray down the entire system with soap water and look for bubbles
  • Look to see if the compressor clutch is engaging when the air conditioning switch is turned on
  • Look to see if the drive belt to the compressor has broke off or if it’s damaged

______________________________________

All of these factors can play into the A/C system. If you are unable to find a leak, then it could be the shrader valves leaking on the high and low ports. If the system is full of refrigerant and is not leaking and there is no power to the clutch with the switch on high cold, then take the low pressure switch harness off the low pressure sensor and bridge the terminals with a paper clip. If the clutch engages, then the low pressure sensor / switch has failed and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your air conditioning system blowing hot, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.