Q: Car sputters in First or Second gear

When driving in either First or Second gear, the car sputters when I accelerate, then stops when I reach a certain speed. This seems to happen when the weather outside is very rainy or damp. The Check Engine Light did turn on for about 20 or so miles, and then it turned off.

The wet weather was a good hint toward an ignition misfire. The water will make the spark plugs and wires too short to ground. You would most likely be able to hear a snapping noise from the plug wires in wet or damp weather. You may need plugs, wires, and/or coils to fix the issue. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you and do a thorough diagnostic test for your Check Engine Light, including a computer scan to see which cylinder misfired.

3. Car sputters in First or Second gear