Q: Clutch has no resistance

My car starts fine, but then stalls when I put it in first gear. The clutch has no resistance.

A clutch with low resistance or effort generally indicates a problem in the clutch hydraulic system. Not sure if this is related to the stalling issue, but it may be putting additional load on the engine when the vehicle is shifted into gear, as the clutch may be staying partially engaged. You may have also noticed an increased effort to shift the vehicle into 1st gear.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can help diagnose the clutch system whether it be a low fluid issue to a clutch master or slave cylinder issue. Once the clutch issue is corrected then the stalling issue can be addressed if the clutch repair does not correct the stalling issue.

3. Clutch has no resistance