Q: My 1989 pontiac firebird has not been staying turned on once i crank it up, i changed my battery, fuel filter, and fuel pump

asked by on June 21, 2017

My 1989 pontiac firebird has not been staying turned on once i crank it up, i changed my battery, fuel filter, and fuel pump But its still doing the same thing, what could be wrong?

Hi there. When a car will start but shortly die afterwards, it is typically due to a a fuel system component; ranging from a mass air flow sensor, fuel pump relay or simply fuel injectors or the throttle body that are clogged with excessive debris. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection to isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.