My truck turns over and acts like it wants to start but d...

Q: My truck turns over and acts like it wants to start but doesn't and now the battery is dead.

asked by on February 15, 2018

My truck turns over and acts like it wants to start but doesnt and now the battery is dead. I have a 94 f150 with a 302 on a dual

It could be that all your trouble is in the battery-charging system. If the system voltage drops below about 10 volts. The electronics will not work correctly but you will still have enough voltage for the starter to turn. The other possibility is that there is something else preventing the truck fro starting and you drained the battery trying to start it. The first thing to do is get the battery voltage up with a new or recharged battery. Then to give the car a proper diagnosis. Since your truck is pre-1996, the self diagnostics are not very sophisticated so that will take some special know-how. You can have that done conveniently by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your truck and let you know what it is going to take.