Q: When the weather is nice outside, the car start fine. When it is cold, the car refuses to start until I try it several time

When it's nice outside the car start fine but when it get cold the car won't start until after several attempts sometime even hours of trying to make it starts

Hello, the first step in resolving this problem is to determine if there are any problem codes set by engine management - even if the Check Engine light is not illuminated. Most auto parts supply stores will check this for you for free.

Do you hear the fuel pump running briefly when you turn the key to the "fun" position? If not the fuel pump relay may have burned contacts, and need replacement. If the engine cranks, but does not start, the engine coolant temperature sensor may have failed, or is reporting incorrect temperature readings - resulting in an engine flooded condition (smell gas?), or not rich enough mixture (simple won’t start).

I would recommend having the car’s starting issue inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. When the weather is nice outside, the car start fine. When it is cold, the car refuses to start until I try it several time