Q: I have a VW, it overheated and shut down. It won't start now, but it does turn over

wont turn over.... car sat running, came back out and it was off....

Hello. If your vehicle overheated, shut off, and will no longer start, then it may be possible that the overheating caused an issue. The fact that the engine still cranks is a good sign that the overheating did not seize the engine. However, there is likely another issue.

A no start condition can be caused by issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. It may be possible that the excessive temperatures due to the engine overheating caused a sensor or component to go bad. A few things I would check are the fuel pump, ignition coils, and crank sensor. If you are unsure, I would have the vehicle looked at by a professional technician, as a no start condition can be caused by many things.

• I have a VW, it overheated and shut down. It won't start now, but it does turn over