Q: How do I know if my blower motor or blower motor resistor is bad?

How do I know if my blower motor or blower motor resistor is bad? 2007 Honda Pilot. Not getting any air on the rear vents.

Hi Johnny. About 90% of the time, the problem is the resistor as opposed to the blower motor. A professional mechanic would complete an electrical test to determine if power is being sent through the resistor to determine which one is the issue. If you want to eliminate the guess work, you could have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete an AC is not working inspection so they can determine for you which is damaged and recommend the right repairs.

3. How do I know if my blower motor or blower motor resistor is bad?