Q: No srart no crank

I had issue with my car starting so replaced My starter silinoid fired right up thenwen t to start up it just wouldnt radio ac all that stuff works. But wont crank i do hear a click thoughhad the starter tested it passed changed battery tetminals now im at a losst put a new battery still nothing i did have a leaky waterpump which i replaced but leftalot of the wiresrusty. Can that rust prevent itfrom starting but tge radio and alll other electroics work please help

If you jump the starter solenoid on the fender from the small terminal to the cable to the battery then the starter should turn. If it turns then you may have a starter interrupt switch that is bad on the transmission shift linkage.

If the starter does not turn then the starter solenoid is not connecting the battery to the starter. A few simple checks with a test light will tell you what is and isn’t getting power.

Have a mechanic come and check the system out for you to properly diagnose the no start issue. It will save you money in the long run to keep you from replacing parts that do not need replacing.

3. No srart no crank