Q: Can i use 5w30 motor oil instead of 5w20 for my 2008 ford fusion?

Can i use 5w30 synthetic blend motor oil instead of using 5w20 even tho it calls to use 5w20

Ford specifies only one viscosity rating for this vehicle, namely SAE 5W-20. In that specification, which is contained in the Owner’s Manual, Ford states: "5W-20 oil provides optimum fuel economy and durability performance meeting all requirements for your vehicle’s engine." For sure, fuel economy will be degraded if you use the higher (30 weight) viscosity. But, the statement from Ford also implies that use of oil other than 5W-20, such as 5W-30, will reduce the service life ("durability") of the engine. Consequently, I would stick with the 5W-20. Synthetic oil is much preferred, of course. YourMechanic does offer mobile oil and filter changes. If you desire that service, please request an oil/filter change and the responding certified mechanic will perform that for you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.