My honda civic 2008's car AC stopped working and is creat...

Q: My honda civic 2008's car AC stopped working and is creating rattling sound. when inspected by a mechanic, it said he need to repl

asked by on May 30, 2017

I drove my car over long weekend to Astoria, OR. There, the air conditioning stopped working. I took it to a me car mechanic and he told me that the following need to change: Expansion belt Condensor Oil Receiver Compressor Feon gas

The mechanic has given a quote of USD 1800 including labor. Is this a good estimate?

Hi there. The items you’ve listed including the condenser and compressor themselves are typically installed by local mechanic shops for $500 to $700 individually. So, the estimate you’ve listed for all of that service seems rather fair. As long as they will test and verify that the repairs have been completed correctly and guarantee their work, it might be a good idea to have that done. However, if you’ve like to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete an AC is not working inspection to verify those parts are damaged before having this service completed, we’d be happy to assist.