Q: How do I remove moon roof panel?

I am redoing my headliner. I have the headliner out of the car. But how do I go about removing the panel cover for the moon roof so I can redo the fabric?

This will require removing the glass moon roof itself in order to properly redo the fabric for the panel cover. The following is a step by step process as to how to accomplish this:

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Using a taped flat-bladed tool, remove the cover and the power roof switch.

3. Remove the inner rear view mirror, sun visors, and the front assist grip, if equipped.

4. Remove the front pillar garnishes and remove the front side of the headliner. On some models, it may be necessary to remove the upper and the lower side garnishes to allow enough clearance for the headliner.

5. Remove the four screws from the wind deflector and extract it from the vehicle.

6. Disconnect and remove the sliding roof control relay.

7. Disconnect the electrical wiring, remove the fasteners and remove the drive motor.

8. Remove the side guide rail trim covers.

9. Apply tape to the vehicle to protect the finish and remove the screws holding the glass into the roof.

10. Remove the roof from the vehicle lifting outward and slightly forward. Take notice of shim positioning and install in original location on installation.

If you run into any issues consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and service your vehicle.

3. How do I remove moon roof panel?