Q: Battery light is on durign acceleration or on bumpy roads

I have problems with the battery on my car. The battery light on the dashboard is on very often. It comes and goes depending on the road I am driving on or my speed. The battery light comes on if I accelerate or if I drive on a bumpy road. I cleaned the battery and checked the cables. Everything seems fine. The battery is one year old. Can you give me some advice?

When the battery light comes on in vehicles it is due to the voltage falling below the required 12.6 volts. This voltage is required for all the vehicles’ electrical systems to work properly. The most common causes of the battery light being on intermittently are:

• low output from the alternator
  • failing battery cable
  • the battery itself is failing

Any of these are common repairs on vehicles. The qualified technicians at YourMechanic can diagnose the cause of your illuminated battery light at your home or office.

3. Battery light is on durign acceleration or on bumpy roads