Q: My 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 sl has gotten stuck in park 3 times now. I'm unable to shift it into reverse. I have to push the little

My 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 sl has gotten stuck in park 3 times now. I'm unable to shift it into reverse. I have to push the little button by the shifter to be able to shift out of park. Why is it doing this? And how do I fix it?

The most common cause of this issue is a faulty shift interlock solenoid. The shift interlock solenoid lock the shifter unless the key is in the on position and the brake pedal is depressed. Many times you can hear a small click sound when pressing on the brake indicating that the shift interlock solenoid is working properly. If you do not hear a slight click with the engine running or the key in the on position when pressing on the brake, this could indicate a faulty shift interlock solenoid. Consider YourMechanic at shift interlock solenoid can be replaced at your home or office.

3. My 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 sl has gotten stuck in park 3 times now. I'm unable to shift it into reverse. I have to push the little