Q: Car started normally, after shut off, had trouble starting, ran for another 10 minutes once shut off fan kept running loud.

asked by on December 26, 2017

Car started normally, after 10 minute drive stopped shut down engine, once back in, had trouble starting, started, ran for another 10 minutes, stoppedutdown engine, fan kept running for a couple of minutes.

My car has an automatic transmission

You should have the engine checked for overheating as this may be reason cooling fan stays on. You should check coolant level to see if it is low and if it is low then check for coolant leaks. If not low and no leaks then check for stuck closed thermostat if overheating. If not overheating then scan computer for possible codes pointing to the reason for stalling out.