Q: Mini Cooper S 2007 overheating? Stalled while starting up again then turned off. No dash symbols. Cannot rev. No steam or leaking.

Driving for almost an hour in 110°F with few short stops, this happened on my last stop:

Turning on the car had it stalling varying 2-10 sec then shut off. The car refused to rev up. I've never seen a car force the gas pedal to not work. There were no warnings on the dashboard and when popping the hood there was no steam or leaking.

I let the car rest for 30 min before starting it up again and, though the ignition ran on a little bit, it turned on, stayed on and I was able to rev it up! Driving home, I had it cruise control at 40 mph and no AC, but at one point it automatically disabled cruise control and slowed down dramatically. Made it home.

After few hours of resting, I started it up again to see if any symptoms persisted. Note, 108°F out but no sun. Oddly, the car sounded like it was over-starting. It ran normally and with no stalling on idle; didn't drive it. Turned it off a few min later and for the first time today, check engine light on speedometer dash suddenly blinked on

Hi there. It’s 100 degrees here in Phoenix at 11:00 pst, so I understand the extreme heat! What you are describing can be caused by multiple issues, ranging from a coolant system that is clogged with debris to a failing thermostat of your cooling system. Most of the time when you have the AC turned on, especially when it’s really hot outside, the engine will run hotter than normal anyways. But, if there is a problem with the cooling system, the engine might have issues as you’ve described. Since there are several problems that could be causing this issue, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection.

3. Mini Cooper S 2007 overheating? Stalled while starting up again then turned off. No dash symbols. Cannot rev. No steam or leaking.