Q: VEHICLE ISSUES

my car has been acting weird for the last couple of days last week on friday i turned it on just like usually but as soon as i started driving the dsc light, the coolant light,the brake light, and the check engine light came on and it said to turn vehicle off.not knowing the cause i pulled over and turned it off,i waited a few minutes then turned it back on,it did the same thing but now with a lil shaking to it so turned it off again. waited a while and turned on again and it was fine.i did have a jb4 harness connected at the time. didnt drive vehicle all weekend, turned it on today in the morning and it started fine by late afternoon it did the same thing as i was going to go home all those previos lights came on and if it wasnt above 2000rpms the car would die cant figure out the issue, got it driven home but while driving it would only drive in second gear

German luxury cars built in this century are very complicated. They have multiple electronic control units for different functions, one for the engine, one for the transmission, one for the brakes and half a dozen more for various body functions. They are always talking to each other and share the information from sensors throughout the car. Sometimes a single sensor failure can bring on problems from all of the systems that share that information, hence the multiple warnings.

This car needs to be scanned by the appropriate equipment. A generic OBD scanner, the kind used by auto parts stores that you can buy for 50 dollars will not do the trick. It will only pick up the universal codes. There are lines and lines of data that can only be recovered by a scanner with the software specific for this car and that is what you will need to see to solve this problem. My advice is to contact YourMechanic about having a technician come to your home and scan your car with the right stuff, then they can help you decide what needs to be done next.

3. VEHICLE ISSUES