Q: Just replaced the serpentine belt and noticed a loud squeaking and smoking

In my Nissan I just replaced both serpentine belts. When I turned on the car there was a loud squeaking. We adjusted the tension and the squeaking got louder at low speeds. About 10 miles later I noticed smoking coming from the car. I pulled over and the radiator was going crazy. It also looked like some liquid was coming out. I don't know what the liquid is. I checked the oil and that was normal.

A: It sounds like your car is overheating, and...

It sounds like your car is overheating, and perhaps the water pump has seized up, which could account for the squealing, the smoking, and the overheating. It's entirely possible that the water pump seized due to the belts being overtightened. I would suggest having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the source of the noise for you. Once they know the source of the noise, they can make an appropriate repair recommendation.