Q: Fuel tether turns with gas cap, causing the gas door (flap) to close.

Tether is attached to cap and gas door. Can't get gas cap off. Temperature is bellowing freezing where I am, but I don't think cap is frozen because it turns. Thanks!

Hello there, a few common faults will cause your 2004 Hyundai Sonata to have issues removing the gas cap. In cold weather the gas cap seal can become stuck, this will allow the gas cap to turn but not fully release. When this occurs the gas cap is usually found to be faulty. Other possible faults are excessive vacuum in the EVAP system, or damaged cap threads. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to inspect your gas cap and replace it if needed.

3. Fuel tether turns with gas cap, causing the gas door (flap) to close.