Q: My steering wheel is 3/4 off center after mounting new tires.

My old tires were worn perfectly across at 4/32nd tread. After having a set of General Altimax RT43 tires mounted, my steering wheel is 3/4 inch off center. My car doesn't pull. I can take my hands off the wheel, and it continues to go straight. I can brake hard with my hands off the wheel, and it stops straight. How could new tires cause this problem? 215 70 R15 tires.

A: Hello, It is possible that one of the front...

Hello, It is possible that one of the front tires that was installed has a manufacturer defect that is causing this issue. I would recommend having all tires checked for irregular patterns in the tread or large bubbles. If there is a lump in your tire caused by a manufacturer defect, this can cause the steering wheel to be off. If you do not have any problems with the new tires that were installed, I would recommend having your vehicle aligned. Getting a four wheel alignment has become a standard service across the industry when new tires are installed. This will help to promote long tire life and a properly handling vehicle.