Q: Battery light alternator - 2003 Ford Escape

Battery light flashing I changed the battery and had alternator and the light is still flashing and it dies in the middle of traffic

A: Hello. If your car dies suddenly, accompani...

Hello. If your car dies suddenly, accompanied by a "charge/battery" warning light, it would appear that you are having a problem with your charging system.

Given the combination of symptoms you are describing, a mechanic has to first test the output of the alternator at the battery terminals. If it is the original alternator, even if the voltage output is within factory specifications, you might still have to test it under load.

If the alternator is good after all tests and batteries are new and charged (as you note) you might have an electrical fault elsewhere in the charging circuit that has to be diagnosed. In addition, you could have an intermittent ignition and/or fuel system problem because a functioning alternator and fully charged battery would not cause the car to shut down. To have this all scoped out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the Battery Light and stalling issue in order to have this corrected.